Link Building is the most crucial aspect of your SEO campaign. When your website is being linked to from another website, your PR(Page Rank) increases and therefore seen as an important site by Google all the other major search engines which leads to high rankings. So if you want to rank on the first page of Google for your keyword then you must focus on getting backlinks to your website.
How Would Backlinks Benefit You?
Backlinks are very important because it shows the search engines that your site is relevant and popular. If a higher PR site links to your webpage, then Google will think that your site very important. For example, just one link from a PR 7 site will increase your page rank to PR4 which will have a huge impact your search rankings. This will also boost the amount of traffic to your site.
How Can I build Backlinks To My Website?
There are many ways that you can build backlinks to your website;
* Article Marketing – This is my favourite method of generating backlinks and is definitely the best way. Write articles that are related to your website and what you are offering and then submit them to article directories. Make sure you place a link to your site in the author box of your articles. For example, If you plublish your article on 100 directories, then you will have 100 backlinks to your web-page.
* Directory Submission – Submit your site to website directories for massive exposure. Start by submitting your site to free and paid website directories such as Dmoz and Yahoo directories, these are the largest ones so getting approved by these directories will give you a great boost.
* Make a blog and connect it with your website, write unique and compelling content for your blog and link it back to your website.
* Social Bookmarking – Social bookmarking is a great way to build backlinks and generate quick traffic to your site. Another cool thing about social bookmarking is that if your content very interesting then you will create a buzz on those social sites and people will talk about it and share it.
* Link Exchange – Another great way to build backlinks to your site is by exchanging links with other webmasters, preferably with related sites. Find high ranking sites that are worth linking to and shoot them a quick email. Remember, some of them will not accept and some will, so if they say no then move on.
There are many more ways that you can build backlinks, I would love to hear what you guys think. Comment, and tell me if I’m missing some good methods.